dimanche, septembre 12, 2010

Kitchen remodel - The follow up

Heavens me!
I completely left you hanging by a thread to see the finished kitchen.

Well, without further ado...



The feedback I've had is amazing. Some actually thought we expanded the size of the kitchen by building out, others thought we added the back door. By far, the most heard comment was, "it's so spacious and organized". This was music to my ears.

I can report that the ergonomie turned out to be better than expected. Everything is at a hands-reach for what we use on a daily basis. Even the little one can get what she needs to make her own breakfast in the morning. The textured granite countertops are amazing. Easy to clean and no cuts, burns or dings on the surfaces. I highly recommend this type of countertop.

The inconvenience for me is my 5'2" stature. I still need to use a step-stool to reach the rice cooker and other rarely used items stocked on the upper shelves. But at least I have a space for them in the kitchen, rather than having to store them in the basement.



A project well done! Next on the docket, the attic! Stayed tuned, José and his guys start Nov 15.